Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:38:01 -0000
Yuri,

You know you are not the only one in the world that has ever operated in a
contest.  First, I would not think of running in a contest without using
full QSK.  I miss nothing this way and my equipment doesn't break.  But if I
had no choice, and didn't have equipment that work operate full QSK, I would
set the delay for about 100 to 200 milliseconds and still not miss anything.

Even when I used to operate my Collins 75A1 and HeathKit DX100 in the 160
meter contest, (which I won in the Roanoke division in 1977), I had these
two pieces of ancient gear operating full QSK with an external switching
scheme I made myself.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC