[TenTec] Orion Filter Controls

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Filter Controls
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:54:24 -0500

YU1NTT wrote:
>Why Menu 8-9, and not the SHIFT knob???

        Because you really need to do this for all SSB filters,
in both TX and RX, and you don't want to be adjusting it each
time.  It is just most noticeable with narrow 2.0 or 1.8 filters.
SHIFT in the MP only takes care of the RX issue and you would
need to adjust it each time you go to SSB (like Orion below).

http://www.va3cr.net/settings%20and%20troubleshooting/menu%20settings%20with%202.0%20filters.html

        Orion handles SSB TX issues in the SSB Menus but there
is not an equivalent for RX, so I just remember to fix PBT
at +160 Hz when I use SSB with narrow roofing/DSP filters.
With the MP and Yaesu 2.0 filters, I found +200 Hz for RX and +100
Hz for TX worked best.  Actually I wish Orion had these controls
in Menu since then I would not need to remember to set PBT to +160
for SSB.  I don't use SSB much except for the CQ WW SSB, so I will
need to remind myself of this next year!

73, Bill W4ZV