Re: [TenTec] Amplifier Decision???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Amplifier Decision???
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:59:37 EST
Well there is always lots of ways to look at things.
It really depends on your specific situation.

I live in an area that prohibits big antennas. No towers, hence no beams. No
antennas that are not hooked to the house. No antennas that exceed 10 sq. ft.
grid area.

So, I have a nice little multiband dipole that is at 22 feet. Center is at
the location of the furnace flue. Ends go down to the ends of the roof lines.
It's only a single story hourse (with a high roof line design).

So, until the laws change so I can do something better, I get by. I do work
quite a lot of DX and it is surprising how well it works.

OK, to the amp issue, I just bought a nice Ten-Tec Centaur. I will put 572B's
in it to make it better. Looking at 600 watts out.

Since I can't do too much to make gain with antennas, I want that little
extra power when I need it to get through to the DX.

Won't use it all the time, just when I need a little help.

So, that's another story, my story.

YES, I would be better off to have a better antenna system, but you do with
what you can.

73,

Lee