[TenTec] Re: Where to find Airpax

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Where to find Airpax
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:43:40 EST
Airpax comes in three types slow, fast and instant.
The slow will not work.
The fast is what TT puts in.
The instant will drive you to drink.
I bought a fast type and use it off of my Astron to run both my Corsair II
and my Omni V.
Since I do not use both units at the same time I just have one Airpax hooked
to the positive line of both radios.
I do not believe that even the instant will protect you completely but it is
better to have the Airpax in line for extra protection.
TT says to have it in so must be a reason.
Under the right conditions a final will blow well before anything else does.
You might want to call TT.
They sold the breaker at one time but no longer because it was not a hot item
and you can get them direct from Airpax.
TT can give you information.
When you get the answer put it on the reflector so we can all learn.
Hope this helps.
Dan N4VET