Re: [TenTec] Old Vs. New Technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Old Vs. New Technology
From: "Dave" <frstbaptistchurch@wyoming.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:09:40 -0700
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:07:06 -0600
Steve Weber <kd9bo@mac.com> wrote:
The recent discussion about the old Omni's started me thinking. (doesn't happen all that much, but that's a whole 'nother subject)

How does an Omni B or C stack up against the present day almost-but-not-quite-top-of-the-line rigs such as the Jupiter? I'm not talking about bells & whistles or even what is expected in a rig these days such as multiple VFOs, general coverage, auto notch etc. Just a rig that is user friendly, has a clean signal, can dig out the weak ones and is low noise and easy on the ears.

I've got an Omni C and Jupiter - love them both..... Jupiter seems to have just bit more noise in back ground as I receive, not much, but a bit.
Jupiter much more touchy about RF//grounding issues on ssb, I'm still working on that... so haven't done much ssb....
they're close on background noise, I like the filtering better in Jupiter. still, happy with both...
Dave K8BBM

Any thoughts?
--
Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps@fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb@fcc.gov