Re: [TenTec] Re: About the incivility of our posts

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: About the incivility of our posts
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:37:30 -0500
Subject: [TenTec] Re: About the incivility of our posts

> Yuri, I value your contributions and hope you'll
> participate in the orion@contesting.com reflector if
> you are truly leaving this reflector.  Personally, I
> find heated, in-depth discussion invigorating and the
> collective exploration of the Orion's potential and
> pitfalls quite fruitful.
>
> 73,
> Barry N1EU

Yuri.....

I agree with Barry. The technical content of your post are interesting and
valuable. It is the TONE of your emails that get everybody, myself included,
angry with you. Please realize this is a Ten Tec reflector and most folks
here and a part of the Ten Tec Worshipers CULT, as you described it. Because
the layout and the looks of the radio, in your single opinion, as a
'DISASTER', as you described it, you just started off on the wrong foot. Ten
Tec, being in  the business to make a profit, can not go into production on
any unit and when a self-proclaimed engineer drops nasty sounding emails on
the reflector, stop, stand on their head, and do ten back-flips just to
incorporate Yuri's suggested design changes. If you work for IBM, I'm sure
your aware they would not do that either. Ten Tec's engineering department
nor any of their employees are idiots. Those folks pretty well know what
they are doing and as you well know, the easiest thing to do in life is sit
back and 'Monday morning quarterback'. And Yuri, your the first contester
I've every heard that got on any reflector and claimed to be a 'expert
contester'. Expert contesters do not have to go around telling everyone that
they are...it's a pretty well known fact by  what they do in contest.

Hopefully you will stay and continue to offer your good technical
information, but certainly drop the rhetoric?

73,

Tom/W4BQF