[TenTec] About the incivility of our posts

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] About the incivility of our posts
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:03:34 -0800

On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 03:37 PM, Tommy wrote:

Subject: [TenTec] Re: About the incivility of our posts

Yuri, I value your contributions and hope you'll
participate in the orion@contesting.com reflector if
you are truly leaving this reflector.
Barry N1EU

Yuri.....

I agree with Barry. The technical content of your post are interesting and
valuable. It is the TONE of your emails that get everybody, myself included,

While understand the complaint about TONE, the reference to "everybody" isn't so. I am one who does not have trouble with it.

angry with you. Please realize this is a Ten Tec reflector and most folks
here and a part of the Ten Tec Worshipers CULT, as you described it. Because

Sometimes it really seems to be that way here. I am one of the first members of the group, long standing Ten Tec guy (bought my first brand new rig from the factory in 1972 as I recall, the Argonaut 505, after Al Kahn talked me into it at a convention.) There are some who seem to rather quickly "defend" the Ten Tec name as if it needs defense from criticism. I just don't see it that way and never have. I think criticism is fine. Really. If it is gratuitous attack, well, its noise. If it has some substance, I am interested. Ten Tec stands on its own quite well. I've seen as much gratuitous attack in support of Ten Tec rigs as I've seen criticism. I'd dearly love to see that end on "our" part, I'd like to see the Ten Tec group as an open group dedicated to interest in engineering tradeoffs rather than worrying about whether a critic's intentions are pure.
.Ten
Tec, being in the business to make a profit, can not go into production on
any unit and when a self-proclaimed engineer drops nasty sounding emails on
the reflector, stop, stand on their head, and do ten back-flips just to
incorporate Yuri's suggested design changes.

While I suspect you'd like to help Ten Tec, I think they can handle Yuri's comments just fine on their own. Scott has done so quite well and the business hierarchy there has my complete trust and confidence. I certainly don't feel the need to tell Ten Tec's customers what they can respond to (even if I think someone is being unfair).

Clark WA3JPG