Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] grounding dipoles
From: Able2fly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:06:00 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2004 6:44:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jsb@digistar.com writes:

I  experimented with this once (once is the operative word, about 15
years  ago) ) but didn't have the best success with it because the SWR
was  high.  Weather was bad and I was pressed for time so I didn't pursue
further.  Does this require a tuner or should the SWR be low?  I  would
very much like to eliminate the extra runs of coax,  etc.