Re: [TenTec] Foot switch advice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Foot switch advice
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:16:22 -0400
Radio shack has (or at least used to) have a foot switch for tape recorder
control. It's relatively inexpensive and can easily be adapted for use by
just cutting off the mini plug on the end and replacing with whatever you
need.

Heil also sells a nice foot switch which is what I'm using. It is about $25
and has two sets of contacts and cables, one that closes before and opens
after the other. The second contact is designed for use with an amp or other
switching, but I'm not using that, using the amp control relay in my Orion
to control the SB220 with the Harbach low voltage switching mod. The Heil
switch is heavier and tends to stay in place better, but you could probably
attach the RS switch to a board and end up spending a little less.

I'm still not real comfortable using the foot switch and have to look down
to make sure my foot is on the switch as I like to take the foot off the
switch completely when in receive mode for a long time.  I have found that
by going barefoot, I get a better "feel" for the switch.

73,
Mark