RE: [TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion
From: <al_lorona@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:39:58 -0700
What's worse than the new model that still doesn't work right? It's when only
*certain radios* of the new model don't work right. In that sense, what we have
is the worst possible case, because it suggests both software and hardware
problems, or manufacturing problems, or at least an operating process that is
cryptic enough to prevent a certain percentage of users from ever achieving
success.

Nobody really minds when a car model is recalled for some defect, but when only
certain individual cars of that model don't work, then that model is labeled a
'lemon' and nobody buys it any more.

As an innocent bystander in this whole thing, I feel the pain of those who are
experiencing problems, and I can't for the life of me understand it when one
guy tells another, "I don't have that problem here."

Al  W6LX