Re: [TenTec] Triton 4 Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton 4 Question
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <mike.hyder.n4nt@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:42:43 -0500
When the 242 remote VFO is used with the 544, the frequency is displayed on
the rig regardless of where the frequency is generated.  For this reason an
additional frequency readout is not needed.

I believe the 242 had more oscillator circuits than just the PTO and
contained mixer(s).  I am not sure of just what went on inside the 242, but
it has a bandswitch and even a small bandswitch for the 10 meter segments.

The early 544 rigs needed a minor modification prior to using the external
PTO but I don't know off-hand what that modification was for.

73, Mike N4NT