RE: [TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni VI+
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:49:26 -0800
Paul,

It's been a very long time since I had a Corsair II, but I did have an Omni
VI+ at the same time.  Indeed the Corsair II (probably the Corsair I as
well, but I never had one) is a very quiet receiver.  The difference is in
contests where as you described, they call CQ 200 hz away from you.  The
cascaded 250 Hz filters in the Omni VI+ enable it to separate better than
the Corsair.  The AGC is also better on the Omni than on the Corsair which
helps when copying weak signals in the near proximity of strong signals.

73
Rick