RE: [TenTec] Orion Mic Woe's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Mic Woe's
From: "Eric SENSI" <eric.sensi@skynet.be>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:01:25 +0100
Well,

It is suggested to verify some things, but rewiring the mic is not mandatory
IMO.

I have a serious RF problem with my G5RV wire antenna and I think I'll drop
down this antenna tomorrow if I can, I own several models of wire antenna
that I could swap to see if my problems could not be cured that way.

Stand-by everybody for the time being, I'll try another antenna
configuration as soon as possible.

40m => okay
20m => can't work on this band
15m => can't work on this band
10m => okay

On the vertical antenna R7, everything is okay on all bands.

On the dummy load, it's okay too, so I think the G5RV and the radio shack at
the 2 floor is the problem.

I have no other mike to connect to the Orion, the 706 is the only one.

I'll try to do my best to cure this because I wanted to keep my Orion.

73's, ERic.