[Orion] Mic hook-up to Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com
Subject: [Orion] Mic hook-up to Orion
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:50:54 EST
Hello All,

For those that may not have seen a post by Paul Clinton with TT, I'll  repost
it here for your use.

Orion Mic Wiring (Later Versions -around June of this year I believe, could
be a little earlier)

Orion Mic connector:
Pin # 1 = Mic Send +
Pin # 2 = Mic Return -
Shield to mic connector through to the Mic body (or Pin # 1 if your using
XLR connectors)

Pin # 3 = PTT
Pin # 4 = 9+VDC

Good mic cable (as sold by Heil) will have the Mic + and Mic - wrapped  in
the shield.

To verify whether you have an older version of Orion, take an Ohm Meter,  set
to measure resistance, put one lead on the Orion Mic connector, put the
other lead on the ground wing nut on the back of the Orion........you should
read
a direct short........no resistance whatsoever. Older versions of the Orion
had you using Pin # 2 as ground as shown in the operations manual.

Hope this helps a few

73
John / N0KHQ