Re: [TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni VI+
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:40:55 -0600
Paul,
I've done the same "test" with my OMNI VI+ and Corsair II but also tried the
major CW pile-ups 1-2 KHz from a weak DX station. It seemed to me (just
earballing) that there were less Sum and Difference products from the strong
stations in the pileup falling into the passband on the weak DX station with
the Corsair II. But it may be I was only wanting the analog radio to outperform
the digital one.

Most likely the only true test would be to simultaneously store the recovered
audio of both rigs and analyze it with an audio spectrum analyzer. After all
that's what we are doing with our ears.

Both radios are really great and maybe there isn't enough difference for the
average pair of ears to notice.

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M
CSM(r)G.L.Huber