Re: [TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Contest Data and Conclusions
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:34:40 -0600
Bill,

Again, congrats on your contesting scores/effort.

You continue to create straw men ... with lots of what-if's
such as the time the M/x staffed the bands/etc.  Ditto as
to the prop/etc. As my prof used to say, beware the sample
size of one ... stats can be used to "justify" about anything.

Wonder why KC1XX and others are still using other gear as the norm after almost 2 years. For most of those guys, the $3.5k price point is probably NOT the deciding factor when you look at the total station investment ... These guys aren' t dumb ... many of their stations represent the top tier of contest station design. If they thought the advantage was
that solid ... Orions would be on every desk there? Mnnn.

Maybe by next season we'll see that ... not just at KC1XX,
but across the board ... competition is competition.

The PVRC database is interesting, let's see how the % mix
of what gear is really used compares in the future. Otherwise, it is simply going to be yours verses my subjective opinions ...

BTW, once again, for the SSB op ... Yaesu have NO clicks. B-)

Maybe while W4BQF's Titan III is as TT (how many times
has it blown up now?), they will find out that it is somethng
in THAT amp which is causing his Orion to fault out ... then
again why do we have a $3.5k amp that won't stay together.

Things like this ... indicate there's room for improvement as
to the why certain problems keep occuring. Recall your TQC
statement ... what's repeated failures on the T-3 indicate?

Bill, your a great op ... can't for a moment believe that you
would not have placed at the top, even without the Orion!

Merry Christmas to you and your family ...

73 Billy AA4NU