RE: [TenTec] Centaur

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Centaur
From: "Mike Pagel" <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:55:55 -0600
Hi Joel:

Last February I bought a used Centaur that had a shorted 811.  I replaced
the original 811's with Taylor 572B's from RF Parts and replaced the
original 100 CFM fan with a 57 CFM Papst fan at the same time.  The amp now
runs cooler, quieter, and produces 6-700 watts.  Others have replaced the
original fan with units as small as 25 CFM and report good results.

I've got two left over Svetlana 811's.  Anyone interested in them?

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI