Re: [TenTec] Decision Made/PRO III

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Decision Made/PRO III
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 22:32:43 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 9:33 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Decision Made

NJ0IP,

I am not considering my 570S to continue to be my main rig. It will be for
the nightstand in the bedroom and for 6 meter activity. I am not going to
commit to buying the 756 PRO III until the QST reviews come out so I can see what
the IMDDR3 and 3rd order Intercept points are on it. I know it will not beat
the Orion in close in rejection, but stability and dependability may be another
matter. If the PRO III is close to say an Omni 5 or 6+, that will be good
enough for me. I am not a contester, but I do like working DX.

I know Ten Tec has a 30 day trial period, and I may try an Orion, if the
stability issues are really mostly urban myths. But you sure couldn't tell that by
some of the posts you see on here. If only Icom had the 30 day money back
guarantee...

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"