Re: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Frequency accuracy...
From: "Jeff Griffin" <kb2m@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:48:14 -0500
I tried this with my Orion. I seem to be only 7 Hz off(high 15.000.07) at 15.000.00. Is this possible? Orion has beem warming up for about 6 hours. One odd thing I can only tune to 10.0090.00 on 30m. I try to enter the freq via the keypad and I get a 'frequency not supported error' I haven't tried to tune WWV on 10 mc in quite awhile, I'm pretty sure I used to be able to go there. Any ideas?
After typing this I just checked it again on 15 mc, I now get an 8 Hz error. Shut Orion off, ate lunch, 40 minutes later turned on and let warm up for 5 minutes, I'm now zero beating the WWV carrier at 15000.026. Not bad...

73 Jeff kb2m

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin AA6E" <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>