Re: [TenTec] Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: "Steve N4LQ" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:29:15 -0500
This whole topic is weird. First, there must be a limit to what the Jupiter is capable of. After a few firmware bugs are snuffed out, what is there left to do? You can't keep upgrading a rig forever via firmware. Most of the upgrades were fixes for bugs plus a few suggestions from owners. Perhaps the Jupiter is the "Last Radio You will ever HAVE to buy". Well no one HAD to buy one in the first place and you really don't HAVE to buy another radio. So in defense of TenTec, I suspect there has to be an end to this upgrade business on any radio. Maybe TT won't admit it because they are still trying to sell Jupiters but common sense rules.

Steve N4LQ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Henning" <paul@amtelco.com>