Re: [TenTec] Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: "Kurt" <wa8vbx@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:11:27 -0500
I think part of the problem is that there is not a understand between firmware and software. Example is in a computer your CPU has basic firmware in it to get it up and running, doing what it is suppose to, then comes the software i.e. Windows/Linux that will improved the operation. Turn off the computer the firmware is still there, but the software has to restart when you start it again.

I would like to see the bugs worked out first, then options, but until then I work with what I have.

The Jupiter will probably not be the last radio I buy(saving my pennies for a Orion), but right now it is my Best radio, and it will be around this QTH for a long time.

Just my opinion

73
Kurt
WA8VBX