RE: [TenTec] Jupiter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Jupiter
From: Paul Henning <paul@amtelco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:52:07 -0600
Yet people like N4PY still seem to lots to improve. There is still much to
be learned about DSP programming and new programming techniques are and
functions not realizable in hardware are happening as we speak. All that
aside it is Scott's comment or claim that I take exception to and his
whining that his customers are not stupid and have observed that updates
HAVE not recently been forth coming for these radios. Also TT and not I
originated the "Last Radio" crap. It is just the pits when advertising
claims come back to haunt you and your customers actually expect that you
actually deliver on them. You are correct that common sense rules, and it is
also defiantly wise to some times just allow sleeping dogs to continue to
sleep. If the limit of software improvement has indeed been reached then
simply so state, or just ignore the whole issue but don't make statements
that fly in the face of observed fact and annoy your customer base.

As to "What else is there", I will get back to you on that as soon as I
finish changing the points in my spark gap transmitter. We are talking about
an SDR who's functionality is limited only by the limits of the minds
developing them. There is great potential here if only we can exploit it!
Just compare the N4PY software to the pale by comparison TT offering.
Nothing more indeed!!!!

Paul N. Henning
K9PH
Director of Research and Development