Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig Suggestion
From: Carter Grabarczyk <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:27:42 -0500
Mark Erbaugh wrote:

I don't know if the numbers would work out, but wouldn't it be fantastic if a new ham could get on the air with a new basic rig and antenna for under $500?

Mark,

You would like AM (which is sort of a "specialty" mode today), a computer interface, a built-in keyer, built-in antenna tuner (wide range yet), four crystal or mechanical filters (even my Omni 6 didn't come with that many as standard) and a general coverage receiver. *Including* the antenna? For *under* $500?

Nice rig but I guess we will have to agree to disagree that your definition of "basic" is waaaay different than my definition of basic...

;-)

73,
Carter K8VT