Re: Fw: [TenTec] Ten Tec Vee Beam?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: [TenTec] Ten Tec Vee Beam?
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <mizuhoradio@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:04:25 -0800 (PST)
--- Jim Davis <nn6ee@yahoo.com> wrote:

> as anyone KNOWS sometimes an RF power of
> 100w just DON'T CUT IT!!!

Really????  Maximum output in my shack is 10W.  I work
much more SSB than CW.  If you're ever in Cincinnati
I'll be happy to show you my logs and my QSL cards.

Oh, and no, I don't believe in making someone else
strain to hear me.  If I am not clealry copied I move
on.

So, no, I don't know that 100W doesn't cut it.  When I
had 100W it was just too easy and too boring.
Besides, I live in a densely populated city
neighborhood and I have no desire for my neighbors to
hear me on poorly designed TVs, stereos, cheap phones,
etc...  Keeping the peace means QRP.

Oh, and no, I will not be disappointed if I don't
break through a huge pileup to some DXpedition on SSB.
 There's always CW and digital for that :)

72/73,
Caity
K7VO/8

=====
Caitlyn M. Martin - K7VO
http://www.mizuhoradio.com/personal/k7vo
Blog: http://k7vo.blogspot.com
ARRL QRP-ARCI #11018 ARS #445 G-QRP #11577 AK QRP #637