[Orion] PR-40 and Orion

To: wb4qda@comcast.net, toby423@earthlink.net, John@nu9n.com,tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com, N0JSN@msn.com
Subject: [Orion] PR-40 and Orion
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:43:54 EDT
Hey All,

Got my new PR-40 hooked up going directly into the Orion mic connector
without any outboard processing.

TXeq is set at -18db, the SP is set at 2, TX Roll-off set at 50hz and TX BW
set at 3150hz. Your settings may vary.

I set up the audio by listening through my Sony MDR-7506 head phones and
watching the PC Spectral Analyzer (SpectraPlus and HamAlyzer).

Audio reports......so far, have been very good. I highly recommend the  PR-40
for use with the Orion. The frequency response of the PR-40 is 28hz to
18Khz.

Special thanks to Bob Heil for his technical assistance. Be sure to visit
with Bob and his crew at Dayton.

73

John / N0KHQ / St. Louis
_http://www.hamuniverse.com/antennas.html_