Re: [TenTec] Orion and UPDATE mode.

To: SteveBaron@StarLinX.com, TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and UPDATE mode.
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:07:57 EDT

After owning my Orion for a bit more than a month, I find that most of my
orion problems are caused by me, but I still enjoy it. I and learning some
interesting techniques playing with it. I am amazed at the number of folks who
give me unsolicited  comments about how good it sounds!!

I am running the menus/ssb/ tx filter bw at 3600, lf rolloff at 100 the mic
at 33, sp at 4 and the audio.tx eq at    -13 , as per the  reccommendation of
a couple of the fellows on 3840.  I leave my monitor on  most of the time and
I think I sound pretty good too even if I say so my  self.

Some of the tricks with different combinations of the agc, BW/PWT, hi and
low cuts and the NR are amazing. I am actually hear some stuff other folks
can't
 and I am impressed.  the more I play with this the more I like it.

I am known to buy a rig and decide to sell it in a month or so but I think
this one will be a keeper.

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 7/3/2005 5:47:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,