Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:03:26 -0400
At 04:07 AM 7/18/05, you wrote:
>When KPH was on the air last week, I was able to hear them on 426 kHz with
>the Paragon II, but I was not too impressed with the performance. Using my
>160 meter (1/4 wavelength) inverted L, I expected the 426 kHz signal to be
>much stronger that it was. I suspect the Paragon's sensitivity at 426 kHz
>is not too hot, and it is probably no better at 100 kHz.
Not sure about the Para II but the original Para will have more sensitivity
on MF if you remove a jumper (#51?) from logic board to the rf amp.  It
stops the logic from putting in the attenuator on the BC band and
lower.  (this probably done to avoid IMD if you live next to a BC
station)  Sensivity much improved.  Check your manual to see if you have
the same setup on the Para II.

Perry   w8au