[TenTec] Orion's Woes

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion's Woes
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:00:56 -0400
Toby wrote in part: "

 think much of the controversy over the past weeks and months have resulted
from releasing a product which was not ready for market"

If the Orion were not ready for market, why have so many of us
thoroughly enjoyed the superior receiver in the Orion since its original
release?  It is an evolving product and has been so since its initial
release.  That was understood by me when I bought mine in late 2003, and
since the last firmware release my Orion has been a stellar performer.
It was okay with the earlier releases, but 1.372 opened up a new world
of receiver performance that was difficult, but not impossible, to
unleash in prior fw releases.

For all  Orion users that waited until 1.372 to purchase a radio, they
have no concept of what us early users went through...and that is now
water over the dam.  Same thing will happen when version 2 is released.
PC users who start with XP don't have any clue about what went on with
earlier versions of Windoz.....did Microsoft release Windoz too early?

Bottom line; I disagree that TT came out with the Orion "too early".
They may have announced it "too early" but I for one would have missed a
lot had I not purchased mine when I did....and am very happy for it.

There seem to be lots of hams on this board who are experts in ham radio
marketing/sales/returns/et all.  Please  get together, off list please,
and put your money where your mouth is.  Lets see you knock the Orion
off its pedestal with a better product.  Your time would be much better
spent than just venting here.   73 bob de w9ge