Re: [TenTec] Orion's Woes

Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion's Woes
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:59:40 -0700
Lee, glad your Orion handles mixology so well.  I have to get mine
trained--especially with the dry martinis.

I, too, don't see that the Orion II offers much to fairly happy Orion
owners.  It really seems to come down to what v 2.0 offers.  I am
assuming that what v 2.0 fixes on the Orion will be fixed on the
Orion II and what still needs to be addressed, will need to be
addressed on both.

Like Tommy, I too have suffered from sudden loss of transmit when
using the keying loops with a TT amp.  As I've posted on the List
before, I experienced frustrating lag in making changes with NR, AGC
and Cut using 1.372.  Although few have complained about it, TT
service recognized it and told me it was going to be addressed in the
next firmware upgrade.  I'm hoping that is true and Dragonball VZ is
not necessary as well.

So, if those two issues are addressed, I will continue to be a happy
Orion owner and believe my investment was a sound one, even with
Orion II on the market.

Gary W7TEA