Re: [TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER & AUDIO MOD FOR OMNI VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER & AUDIO MOD FOR OMNI VI
From: cstoverva@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 15:34:30 EDT
Bill,

I have both, the roofing filter and the audio mods in my Omni IV+ and am very
pleased with them.

I have the 600hz roofing filter for CW work which is switchable.  I have no
way to measure the differences, but to my ear it makes a vast improvement.

I didn't like the audio quality on SSB, and though not much of an SSB
operator anyway, I went ahead with the audio mod. It's cheap, but only fixes
part of
the problem.  I ended up adding the INRAD 755 SSB filter as well.  That
eliminates the ripple in the bandpass, fixing the rest of the problem.

Bottom line:  Money well spent.

Good luck.

73,

Chuck K4QS