Re: [TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER & AUDIO MOD FOR OMNI VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER & AUDIO MOD FOR OMNI VI
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:44:00 -0400
Jim,

You don't actually disable the processor, you basically 'steal' a
positive voltage from the pc board for the PROC switch.  The reason I
used the PROC switch is only because I very seldom operate SSB. If
you do use SSB and the processor, this is probably not where you want
to switch the filter on/off. You need just a few milliamps of
positive current to turn on the transistor that switches in the
roofing filter relay.

This idea, which really simplifies then roofing filter installation,
was originated and shared by K1FK.

Tommy - W4BQF