Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:29:28 -0700
Interestingly enough, Ken, I just tried using the Omni 6+
with its internal key. With the keyer adjusted for about
30 WPM, a string of dits gives what appears to be an
~33% duty cycle, but I would have to put it on my scope
to verify that. Listening to it at this speed on another rig
(TS-940S) it sounds pretty good. I do, however, detect
the so-called  "microchirp". I personally don't find it terribly
objectionable. If you listen to the 16th harmonic, however,
the "microchirp" starts to sound like an old Russian UW3DI
rig :):) Of course this make me wonder whether I have v1.03
or v1.02 firmware. Guess I will have to lift the hood and find
out.