Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANTENNA_SWITCHING

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION_ANTENNA_SWITCHING
From: "George K" <w2yj@highstream.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:59:31 -0500
Sorry for the lengthy description.
To all that responded to my Orion "band data" switching of a coax relay it
seems that I can't do what I want to do which is, use the band data plug
connected to the band data 2 jack to switch an external coax relay.
The problem is, that I still want to use the ant-1 jack for my 160 through
30 meter operation and the ant-2 jack for my beam. When I choose 20 meters
the coax relay energizes as it should from the band data plug in #2. When I
choose 80 meters the relay stays up. There is nothing plugged into band data
#1. The coax relay does not drop because, as I was told, it's a different
antenna jack, 160 through 30 meters , and nothing changes. The coax switch
stays energized. Bummer! I can get it to drop by pressing the MAIN
RX/TXANT-1 to ANT-2 and back again to ANT-1. This is not "automatic"!
The only way this will work is have ALL bands assigned to antenna -2. Then
the coax relay connected to band data #2 operates as expected. Ten Tec said,
"it is what it is!".
Bummer.
I'm trying to think of some logic that I could outboard to provide this
function but nothing yet.
The reason for all of this is to switch an LDG-1000 auto tuner on the output
of my amp from the beam, 20-10M, to my bank of wire 16--30M, antennas.
I'm open to any ideas apart from manually switching the output of the LDG.
Thanks.
George