[TenTec] Strange O2 happenings

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Strange O2 happenings
From: RaySoifer@cs.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:03:59 EST
Further to my posting of last week about "Another O2 bug," here's what
happened subsequently.

Wednesday morning, the O2 crashed along the lines of my previous report.
However, when I tried to bring it back to life by turning it off, turning the
power supply off, waiting 5 minutes or so and then turning them back on, it
came
up in the crashed condition (TX off, RX off, lights on).  That had not
happened before.  However, I then did a RAM clear and master reset, and it did
come
back to life.  Those had not had any effect previously.  Following Paul's
instructions, I turned the sweep off and proceeded to enter my menu settings
and
operate.

It's now been five days, and the O2 has been completely stable.  No crashes,
"no nothing."  It just works.  I have left it on continuously, with the sweep
off, because I'm afraid that if I turn it off, when it re-boots again on
turn-on it may revert to the former state.  I'm going to leave it turned on
until
the next version of software arrives (which I hope is soon), or until it
crashes, whichever occurs first.  So far, so good.

Strange happenings indeed, but I'm having fun.

BTW, the internal keyer is still acting up, so I've turned that off and am
using an external keyer, my ancient (circa 1971) TT KR-40.

73,

Ray W2RS