Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 versus Orion

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Orion] O2 versus Orion
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:46:58 -0500
I can get two tones easily less than one hertz apart by listening to the
beats as long as the two tones are close in amplitude.  What you actually
hear is the phase between the two tones gradually changing, not the
frequency of the beat note.  In this manner you can get much less than 1
hertz frequency difference.  Try it.  You will see what I mean.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635