Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

To: "Rich McCabe" <r.mccabe@1967z28.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,`@smtp.csonline.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?
From: "WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:43:34 -0500
Assuming similar quality of components, the tuner running at
lower LOADED Q will have lower losses.  Low loaded Q results
in broad tuning whereas high loaded Q results in sharp tuning.

The TT 238 is an "L" network tuner which automatically
achieves low loaded Q when a match is attained.   The "T" style
tuners can achieve low loaded Q also, but not automatically.
You must search for the correct combination of L and C to get
low Q.

I have been a fan of L network tuners for several decades.
Don't think I have a T tuner in the house.

-73-

-Lee-