Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?
From: "Richard Williams" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:43:06 -0700
Rich,

Quite a number of answers I see on the board.  My personal opinion is the
best tuner out there is the XMatch tuner manufactured by Paul Schrader
(N4XM).   This is pretty well backed up by the ARRL when they did a review
of this one and three others back in Mar of 97.  You can read it by signing
on to the ARRL home page and search for XMatch tuner.

I don't think anything comes even close to it specs when operating on 160
Mtrs.   I believe he still makes them as I see his ads in EST..

Maybe someone else out there has the Match and will put there "two cents"
worth in.

Dick KHZ