Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem
From: JT Croteau <jt.w6fo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:00:08 -0500
Thanks for the reply Jim.

In one of my tests last night, I turned off all circuit breakers in
the house except the one powering the rig's power supply and the
problem remained.  I have been suspecting the power supply since day
one and I will probably pull the battery out of my car tonight to test
this theory.  Nothing has been added to my house or neighborhood since
I was last on the air that would make this kind of noise.  The noise
does go away when the antenna is removed.

I was finally able to tune in WWV this morning but it wasn't as good
as it usually is.

The power supply is a 25A TrippLite unit and I don't recall off the
top of my head if it's a switcher or not.. it may very well be.

- JT