Re: [TenTec] MY_ORION&O2_RF_IN_MIC-PROBLEM_SOLVED!!

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MY_ORION&O2_RF_IN_MIC-PROBLEM_SOLVED!!
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:32:49 -0800
I'm fairly knowlegeable in that area, since I routinely prepare and file FCC
applications for high-power FM broadcast stations, up to 50 kW ERP.  The
low-duty cycle of typical Amateur SSB and CW operations, and the frequencies
involved, make it fairly unlikely be out of practical compliance with
OET-65.  Maybe if you were doing very long-form RTTY bulletins (QST-style)
at 1.5 kW into an antenna up 20', you might be out of compliance with the
Public Exposure Limit, but you would still probably be within the
Occupational Limit.

Another thing I have found is that the calculated field intensities are
usually much higher than the actual measured ones since the formulas always
use absolute worst-case scenarios.

Ron Castro, N6AHA
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC