Re: [TenTec] Orion 2.055 Observations

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2.055 Observations
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:14:00 -0800
The audio chain and the IF chain are one in the same.  The final IF is 25
kHz, which is handled by a DSP circuit not unlike a computer Sound Blaster
card.  The final stage of this is a Digital to Analog converter (DAC), just
like a Sound Blaster, followed by a power amp to drive the speakers and
headphones. Nothing special happens in the analog IF's that precede the 25
kHz except the roofing filters and the hardware NB.  NR, AN, Manual Notch,
PBT, BW, BFO, most of the AGC, audio boost/cut, S-meter, etc. are all on the
A7 logic board, which is the final IF.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC