Re: [TenTec] Speaking of Headphones (Orion)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Speaking of Headphones (Orion)
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:54:26 EST
Stuart,
Well, where do I start. I am using 600 ohm phones. Very good ones. If I put
the audio gain to where it is comfortable with phones then unplug them... POW!
very loud.
Paul at TT told me the lower impedence phones will be more balanced for
output level 16-64 ohms he recommended. He also recommended NOT to use phones
designed for hi-fi folks  (professional audio guys). Communications type phones
will elimnate a lot of High and low freq interference.

Yes, your right. DO NOT USE less than 16 ohm phones with  Orion's.
May harm the audio output drivers.

73,
Lee, KC9CDT