Re: [TenTec] Orion & SDR1000 thoughts (GOOD post)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion & SDR1000 thoughts (GOOD post)
From: "Joseph A. & Ruth O. Ryan" <ablee@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:00:24 -0500
Consider #1 below.
It's extremely doubtful that this will happen.  It doesn't with any other major
manufacturer that I'm aware of.  Especially those that 'cater' to the Amateur
Radio market.  Try getting Yaesu/Kenwood/ICOM, etc. to tell us where they're
going with anything they manufacture or plan too.
I doubt that the majority of ORION owners (ver 1 or 2) or any other TT product
are even signed up to these TT reflectors.  Probably less than 2% if
that.  But,
consider that others considering these rigs may read these comments on the
TT reflectors and go elsewhere.  Things will improve...have
faith....and patience.
Meanwhile...I'm satisfied with the 'guru's' on here discussing the
various efforts
to understand the circuitry/software of the rigs.  I've learned a
lot, but not when
there are complaints.
'Nuff said.
73's Joe, KX4JR