[TenTec] CRYSTAL FILTER FOR THE ARGONAUT 509 (AND 515)

To: "TenTec List" <tentec@mailman.qth.net>,"TenTec Contesting" <tentec@contesting.com>,QRP-L <QRP-L@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TenTec] CRYSTAL FILTER FOR THE ARGONAUT 509 (AND 515)
From: "Ed - K9EW" <k9ew57@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:05:58 -0600
Hello to the List.  I just wanted to share with you that I was successful in
building an external Switchable IF Crystal Filter for the TenTec Argonaut
509.  The 515 could use this also.  I now have a Wide (2.8KHz) position, and
a Narrow (500Hz) position.  This is an 8-pole 500Hz bandwidth crystal filter
(the TenTec #517) that goes *before* the IF, so no more AGC overload from
nearby strong signals.  The 509 performed perfectly during the recent
Barbershop Sprint.  Details of the project are on my website, www.k9ew.net.
Look under Projects/509 Crystal Filter.  There are no permanent mods to the
rig.

Tnx es 73,
ed - k9ew