Re: [TenTec] "The Bug" a/k/a Orion II Audio

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] "The Bug" a/k/a Orion II Audio
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:49:42 -0700
All of us have computers to communicate with too, and we find that in a
project like this we learn an enormous amount about the newer technical
aspects of communications that might otherwise have passed us by.  The hobby
is about many aspects, not just rag-chewing, contesting and DXing.  Every
radio I have ever owned was entree to learning something new related to how
it worked, from my first Heathkit AR-3 5-tube receiver in 1961 to my Orion
II today.  That's what makes us hams...a natural curiosity about how things
work and how to make them work better.

My station will *always* be a work-in-progress, no piece of equipment will
ever be perfect, but in the pursuit of perfection we better ourselves.

Ron N6AHA