Re: [TenTec] adding serial ports to computer

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] adding serial ports to computer
From: "jack" <jfriend31@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:59:12 -0600
Boy oh boy so many serial ports! my reason for at least 4 serial ports is
having 2 Orions. LOGic8 (logging program) supports 4 radios. two serial
ports are set to read the radios. the other two are used for CW keying. with
LOGic one click with the mouse changes the active radio which also switches
the active serial ports. now to build a bandpass filter or two to protect
the standby radio! one radio is connected to the 20-10 meter T8; the other,
to the 40 meter inverted vee. i may add an 80 to the same coax some day
again.

off to work ...73 Steve