Re: [TenTec] adding serial ports to computer

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] adding serial ports to computer
From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:46:54 -0000
Glad to hear you were able to get all the ports Jack. I have only had to buy
the ByteRunner card with 2 serial and 1 lpt port so far, and that has to be
around 12 years ago. If I do a format, I just go to their site and get XP
drivers. There is a different set for Win 2k. I need to go there and burn
them to a cd so just in case, I'll always have them. They even still sell
ISA ports. With the PCI card I have, it came with a disk for the drivers and
of course 12 years ago, Dos was still the OS a lot of us used for our ham
radio computers anyway. This has a Dos driver that takes some configuring,
with a small program written in Germany. I can think of only one program it
wouldn't work with. It loads what it calls "virtual drivers" at Dos boot up.

Sorry to get off on a non Ten Tec tangent. How about this, it always worked
great with my Omni 6 opt 3 !

73 and enjoy Dayton.

Mike, K9MI