[TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:07:25 +0000
<<<Not everyone loved the VW bug nor will everyone appreciate the Scout. It is
a basic but effective radio and gets the job done. Like the Beetle, folks
will tinker with mods but when the day is over the basic model is the most
desired. I do find it rather amazing how folks with no experience with a
particular radio are always first to offer criticism or their "expert" advice. >>>

thanks for a laugh to start the day. You don't need to own a rig when the design flaw is so obvious it is front panel ridiculous. Let's see here, where did I put the darn 40 m. module? I'd better order 3 for each band just to make sure I have one when I need it. Modules all over the back seat of the car....what about in the house? What do you Scout owners do--stack all your modules in a single column on the table? I think when you get done paying for all the modules, the price of the Scout becomes a kilobuck rig. How hard is it to unplug one of those things--do you have to bolt the rig to the desktop--wouldn't you rather have had a bandswitch? Hey kids, those modules aren't toys--quit throwing them at your mom. darn, 10 m. just opened up and I can't find the blasted module...oh here it is, propping up a corner of the coffee table....

hey, get one of those SGC mini-linis then you can have even more module fun--get them for all bands and double your modules.

rob / k5uj