Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug
From: Ron Notarius WN3VAW <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:28:49 -0500 (CDT)
Every time I read part of this thread, I keep remembering The One That Got Away.

A few years ago at the annual Breezeshooter's Hamfest, an indoor vendor had a
Scout and modules sitting in a box beneath his table.  A lot of people ignored
it, myself included.  Finally someone asked him about it... he indicated that
it had been given to him as a non-working unit (no receive) and that he was
asked to "get rid" of it.  That someone immediately bought it for a small sum,
about $50 if I remember.

What was wrong with it?  The internal wiring behind the coax connector was off.

*sigh* I've GOT to learn to ask the right questions at the right time!

73