Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Scout...the VW bug
From: "Paul Gates, KD3JF" <pearly732003@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
I really think it depends what your interests are. Most people I would venture
that bought the Scout were not  be buying all the modules.... If I had bought
one for mobile. I would have been happy just for the 20 meter module. So, I
usually operate 20 with a pair of hustlers or a Hustler in the trailer hitch in
the middle of the van. I might have in time picked up a used module for 40. I
certainly would not have wanted all the modules so the cost would not have been
that bad. Probably the thinking of Ten Tec was that the average guy or gal
purchased the Scout would just want a couple or at best 3 modules

Now my band work on  mobile is 40 mostly and laugh about the screwdriver
antennas !! I am not a band hopper. Where i work one day a week. We have a
Kenwood 450SAT and a Ten Tec Omni VI. I usually use the Omni and leave the 450
for PSK. Nothing against the 450 but just like the TenTec Omni better.

Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD
FM19qd (Map Grid Square)