Re: [TenTec] Inrad 600hz Roofing Filter for OMNI VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Inrad 600hz Roofing Filter for OMNI VI+
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:31:50 -0400
Hi Bill,

I have two Omni 6 Plus rigs, fully filtered for CW and both rigs have
the 600hz roofing filter. One rig has the 750 hz offset and my main
radio has a 500hz offset. When you can drop 30 over QRN down to
S-5/S-7 without dropping the rcv'd signal level, I definately think
the addition of the roofing filter is worthwhile. Not only does it
improve rcvr performance in contest, it help in just about all CW
situations when a loud signal park's right next to you or you have a
bad QRN condition.

My wed
site  http://tom.w4bqf.googlepages.com/roofingfilterforomni6plus
shows some Spectragram plots of the Plus with and without the roofing
filter and gives you an example of how well it works.

Tom - W4BQF